Tuesday, May 5, 2009

RIP - Dear Friend, Kate

Today was the funeral for my friend Kate O'Connell, who passed last week. She was a poet, photographer, philospher and wonderful friend. Over the past few summers we had memorable jaunts to Tanglewood and the Glimmerglass Opera in Cooperstown. I will miss her.

Following her funeral, there was a reception for friends and family. This week's TWD Tiramisu cake (and next week's Lemon Tart) were part of my contribution. The recipe for the Tiramisu cake can be found on Megan's blog My Baking Adventures.

5 comments:

  1. Your cake looks lovely, and your tribute to Kate was as well. Friends like Kate stay with us forever...
    Kayte
    www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing a close friend is very hard. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I symphatize Cynthia, I'm very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete