Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chocolate Valentino - Daring Bakers - Heartless, Flourless Chocolate Cake


This may be a comment on my romantic life - but I baked my chocolate valentino in a round springform pan and then cut it in square serving pieces. Hooray, it's the last day of February and I'm having a dinner party tonight to give the winter a kick. There's still a foot of snow on the ground in Saratoga and it's cold today. I've been looking at the temperature in Firenze and it's nearly 70 degrees Farenheit and sunny! Why am I in this frozen tundra???

The February 2009 challenge is hosted by Wendy of WMPE's blog and Dharm of Dad ~ Baker & Chef.We have chosen a Chocolate Valentino cake by Chef Wan; a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Dharm and a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Wendy as the challenge.

I used couverture chocolate in my cake and mixed 4 parts of 70% dark chocolate and 6 parts 35% milk chocolate. This proved a great mix and the cake is dark and rich with a little sweetness. I used a whipped cream garnish in place of the ice cream -- can't think of ice cream when in this climate.

6 comments:

  1. Well done, as it looks SO decadent and inviting! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing heartless about that delicious looking cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Round cake, square slices--you, more than most must know...who needs love when you have chocolate?!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks awesome! Great job on this month's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I love the bits of sugar on the strawberries...looks so wintry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect cake with strawberries!

    ReplyDelete